MOL is one of the largest shipping and logistics groups of the world. Based in Tokyo, Japan, they operate a global network of ocean routes and provide a wide range of services in the area of cargo shipment. From a very modest start in 1878, they come a long way and today dominates the oceanic shipping business with 430 companies and employs over 10,000 people globally. The parent company of the MOL group is Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Ltd and spearheads its operations.
A complete study of the services offered by the MOL group in the areas of freight carriage and logistics is beyond the purview of this article. Services they offer include:
- Dry bulk carriage: Special fleets equipped are employed to carry large volumes of dry bulk goods like coal, salt, grain, iron ore, fertilizers etc.
- Tanker services: Their fleet of tankers equipped all modern amenities and security measures carry huge volumes of liquid, combustible goods like crude oil, naphtha, gasoline, chemicals like methanol, LPG, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) etc.
- Car carriage: MOL offers specialized vessels for the carriage of cars and other machinery and equipment and has played a major role in making Japanese automobiles available to the global market.
- Container carriage: MOL has an extensive network for container shipment in Asia, Europe and USA. They have the capacity to handle all kinds of cargo including refrigerated cargo and oversized cargo.
- Owned terminals: MOL has a total of 9 cargo terminals spread over Japan and other countries. Four in Japan, three in USA, one in Vietnam and one in Thailand. This helps MOL in running their operations round the clock and with an unbeaten level of efficiency.
- Logistics services: Through MOL Consolidation Services, they offer their customers end to end supply chain management and efficient monitoring throughtheir customized logistics management system.
- Cruise ship services: They offer world class services in this department, including both round the world cruises and shorter vacation trips.
- Coastal ferry services: MOL offers excellent services to its customer daily ferrying people between nearby locations in the lap of luxury. Nearly 1.1 million people use their services each year on an average.
How MOL Container Tracking works?
They provide customers an effective means of tracking their shipment online that can be found below.
Here the customer can enter his container, bill lading number or booking details to check the current status of his consignment.
Check status of Shipment via Email Support
A provision of tracking through email is also available by sending an email to MOLPowerTracking@mol-liner.com with all relevant details.
The head office of the MOL group is in the Minato-ku locality of Tokyo, Japan at the MOL Building, number 1-1. The post code is 105-8688.